Social and Community Engagement Starts with YOU
We all know the power of social media and the good it can create by leveraging engagement tools with companies like PublicStuff. One way to see real change in your community is to be as active as you can in reporting issues, asking neighbors to share and vote on important service requests, and becoming community evangelists by educating neighbors and visitors on why your neighborhood is so great! All of these actions to promote your community and well being is FANTASTIC. However…you have to leverage the power of your social tools in order for it to spread to neighbors that think like you but may not know a service like PublicStuff exists.
Social media is powered by individuals and when you combine the power of those tools with community engagement tactics to get your community started using PublicStuff, you’ll start to see change happen immediately. All it takes is the click of the submit button on your mobile app, web submission page, sending a SMS text message, or hitting the call button on your phone to use our toll free 1-800 number. Now you can never say to yourself or someone else “I don’t know how to report a pothole to my city,” or “How do I contact the city about a water leak?” because PublicStuff has you covered!
Trust us, over 150 cities put their faith in us every day. These local governments use PublicStuff to manage their service request system. So now that you know how to report issues, here are a few tips you can use to go the extra step and get your neighborhood on the PublicStuff network.
The City of Plano, Texas has completed over 2,400 service requests since they implemented their PublicStuff system. The city has been highly successful and responsive to service requests added by fantastic neighbors like you. Just so you get an idea of what you can report, Plano, Texas has responded to:
- Broken glass and brick debris on the roadway
- Coyote sightings
- Watering violations and leaks
- Noise complaints
- Missed garbage pickup
- Potholes…and much more.
The City of Oceanside, CA has completed over 33,700 service requests and has a comprehensive list of requests they have completed overtime such as:
- Tree Removals
- Streetlight Outages
- Abandoned Vehicles
- Beehive swarms
- Broken Meters
- Requests to file business licenses
- Strange smells
- And more!
Now that you know any issue is fair game, I hope you’re sitting down because you have some homework to do!
- If you have not done so already, download the mobile app and pin the application icon to your iPhone, Android, or Blackberry desktop or home page. This way you’ll never forget it’s there and always remember to open the app when you’re faced with an issue.
- If you do not have a smartphone you can save the following number to your contacts: 617-500-3111. Save the name under “Report Issues” or “Service Request Hotline.” You can text your location and service request information to that number.
- Save our toll free number: 1-888-491-3119 in case you cannot download applications or use text messaging on your phone.
- Log on to your email account and send a brief message to your friends and neighbors about all the great things they can do at www.publicstuff.com. Share the link to our website, Twitter, and Facebook . If you have already submitted a service requests, asks neighbors or the community-at-large to vote up your request and share it with their networks.
There you have it! Now that you know how to engage your neighbors, family and friends, we hope you use the power of your PublicStuff tools to help build the community you want to live in. The power is in your hands and we look forward to seeing you use it!